NGO comes forward to adopt Thane rape victim
Thane: A Thane-based social organisation has offered to adopt the teenaged girl from Dombivili town here who was allegedly sexually abused by her father and brother for the last two years.
Social organisation `Parivartan` wants to adopt and take care of the girl`s future, who faced torture at the hands of her own father and brother, who allegedly raped her for the last two years, organisation`s members Jyoti Patkar and Madhavi Naik said Monday.
The 19-year-old girl was last month found crying at Dombivili station in Thane district by her friends.
She told them that her father had repeatedly raped her for the last two years and since the last two months her brother was also sexually abusing her, but she could not muster courage to complain against them.
Her mother was already living separately after divorcing her father.
However, encouraged by her friends, the girl lodged a complaint with police following which her father and brother were arrested on December 29 last year.
The girl was later admitted to Thane civil hospital where Madhavi Naik visited the girl.
"There are many teenagers who ache for care but in this case, this girl is orphaned even when she has her family members to take care of her which is very unfortunate. It is the responsibility of the society to care of such children," she said.
"First of all our duty was to encourage the girl and make her speak out. Now she is lodged at the Bhiwandi remand home for care. We have offered to the police to take care of the girl in future, and if all is well she should be handed over to us," Naik said.
Naik also said that apart from rehabilitating the girl, they would also ensure that the accused get severely punished for the crime.
`Parivartan` has its unit at Titwala township in Thane and has a budgetary provision to take care of around 30 girls. The girls are imparted training in various activities, besides education, by the organisation, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional