NGO renames Marathi literary award in memory of Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Priyadarshni Academy, a prominent non-governmental organisation (NGO), has decided to confer its Marathi literary awards in the memory of late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray.
The award, given away every year to a prominent personality in the field of Marathi literature, carries a cash prize of Rs 25,000 and trophy, academy chairman Nanik Rupani said in a statement here on Sunday.
The Marathi literary award is being renamed as `Balasaheb Thackeray Marathi Literary Award` in the memory of the departed Shiv Sena chief, who had contributed a lot to the spread of Marathi language and culture, Rupani said.
The Priyadarshni Academy also presents literary awards in other languages also, such as Sindhi and Hindi.
The literary awards were instituted by the Academy in 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery