NGO renames Marathi literary award in memory of Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Priyadarshni Academy, a prominent non-governmental organisation (NGO), has decided to confer its Marathi literary awards in the memory of late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray.
The award, given away every year to a prominent personality in the field of Marathi literature, carries a cash prize of Rs 25,000 and trophy, academy chairman Nanik Rupani said in a statement here on Sunday.
The Marathi literary award is being renamed as `Balasaheb Thackeray Marathi Literary Award` in the memory of the departed Shiv Sena chief, who had contributed a lot to the spread of Marathi language and culture, Rupani said.
The Priyadarshni Academy also presents literary awards in other languages also, such as Sindhi and Hindi.
The literary awards were instituted by the Academy in 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’