NGO renames Marathi literary award in memory of Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Priyadarshni Academy, a prominent non-governmental organisation (NGO), has decided to confer its Marathi literary awards in the memory of late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray.
The award, given away every year to a prominent personality in the field of Marathi literature, carries a cash prize of Rs 25,000 and trophy, academy chairman Nanik Rupani said in a statement here on Sunday.
The Marathi literary award is being renamed as `Balasaheb Thackeray Marathi Literary Award` in the memory of the departed Shiv Sena chief, who had contributed a lot to the spread of Marathi language and culture, Rupani said.
The Priyadarshni Academy also presents literary awards in other languages also, such as Sindhi and Hindi.
The literary awards were instituted by the Academy in 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie