NHRC public hearing to deal with SCs grievances
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) will hold a two-day public hearing in Pune to deal with various issues relating to atrocities and problems faced by Scheduled Castes.
The public hearing, to be held on November 29 and 30, will be followed by a meeting with Maharashtra Chief Secretary, DGP and senior civil and police officers on December 01, an NHRC official said.
Schedule Caste community members, who have a complaint of atrocity committed by a public servant or of negligence by a public servant in prevention of atrocity, can send their complaints to the Commission by October 07.
Such complaints as are deemed fit for enquiry shall be taken up at the public hearing, the official said.
The NHRC has decided to hold open hearings to reach out to Dalits and address their grievances about violations of their rights by public authorities as part of the recommendations given by KB Saxena in his report commissioned by the NHRC on the continuing problems faced by SCs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars