NHRC public hearing to deal with SCs grievances
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) will hold a two-day public hearing in Pune to deal with various issues relating to atrocities and problems faced by Scheduled Castes.
The public hearing, to be held on November 29 and 30, will be followed by a meeting with Maharashtra Chief Secretary, DGP and senior civil and police officers on December 01, an NHRC official said.
Schedule Caste community members, who have a complaint of atrocity committed by a public servant or of negligence by a public servant in prevention of atrocity, can send their complaints to the Commission by October 07.
Such complaints as are deemed fit for enquiry shall be taken up at the public hearing, the official said.
The NHRC has decided to hold open hearings to reach out to Dalits and address their grievances about violations of their rights by public authorities as part of the recommendations given by KB Saxena in his report commissioned by the NHRC on the continuing problems faced by SCs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days