NHRC public hearing to deal with SCs grievances
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) will hold a two-day public hearing in Pune to deal with various issues relating to atrocities and problems faced by Scheduled Castes.
The public hearing, to be held on November 29 and 30, will be followed by a meeting with Maharashtra Chief Secretary, DGP and senior civil and police officers on December 01, an NHRC official said.
Schedule Caste community members, who have a complaint of atrocity committed by a public servant or of negligence by a public servant in prevention of atrocity, can send their complaints to the Commission by October 07.
Such complaints as are deemed fit for enquiry shall be taken up at the public hearing, the official said.
The NHRC has decided to hold open hearings to reach out to Dalits and address their grievances about violations of their rights by public authorities as part of the recommendations given by KB Saxena in his report commissioned by the NHRC on the continuing problems faced by SCs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued