NIA, ATS probing transistor blast in Maharashtra
Beed: Not ruling out a terror dry-run, National Investigation Agency (NIA) and Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) teams have started probing into the transistor explosion in Maharashtra`s Beed district on Friday.
The teams have collected samples from the blast site - the house of bus conductor Om Nimbalkar - in Kej town and sent them for forensic analysis, the report of which is expected in a couple of days.
Nimbalkar, 35, his wife Usha, 25, their son Kunal, three, and mother Kusum, 55, were injured after a transistor he had brought home exploded.
Nimbalkar picked up an unattended transistor on a Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation bus which had left from Nehru Nagar bus depot in Kurla in Mumbai early morning for a 475-km journey to Ambejogai in Beed.
The conductor discovered the transistor in the bus after the passengers had deboarded in Ambejogai.
But instead of handing it over to the authorities, he took it home. When he opened it, it exploded.
The family was given treatment at a hospital in Beed before being shifted to Sir JJ Hospital in Mumbai on Saturday for treatment of serious injuries on faces, eyes and hands.
The chemicals and other ingredients that may have been used to make the explosive or the triggering device are a subject matter of the probe.
The blast came four months after four low-intensity blasts rocked Pune on August 01, injuring one person.
However, police have so far refrained from terming the Beed blast as an act of terror.
Incidentally, Beed has been in the news in recent months for the arrest of 26/11 terror suspect Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal currently in Tihar Jail in Delhi.
Jundal, who hails from Beed, is suspected to be a Lashkar-e-Toiba activist involved in the Mumbai terror attacks and the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, besides other criminal cases in different parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'