NIA should probe Purna, Parbhani, Jalna, Nanded blasts: Hakim
Mumbai: Maharashtra Minorities Commission has asked Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to hand over the investigation of Purna, Parbhani and Jalna and Nanded bomb blasts to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"I have written to the Home Minister, seeking NIA probe into the blasts," Commission chairman Munaf Hakim told reporters at the NCP office here on Tuesday.
The blasts may have been carried out by right-wing Hindu groups and police and Maharashtra ATS seem to have overlooked vital clues, Hakim said.
"It should be noted that during a search, Nanded Police recovered namaz caps, fake beard and Muslim attire from the house of RSS member Laxman Kondawar, but neither local police nor ATS has shown seriousness about these vital clues," Hakim said.
At the Congress Chintan Shivir in Jaipur, Shinde had accused BJP and RSS of promoting "Hindu terrorism."
NIA is probing the 2006 and 2008 Malegaon blasts and its officers have made an "informal inquiry" in Jalna, Purna, Parbhani and Nanded blast cases, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held