`NIA should probe Purna, Parbhani, Nanded blasts`
Mumbai: Maharashtra Minorities Commission has asked Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to hand over the investigation of Purna, Parbhani and Jalna and Nanded bomb blasts to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"I have written to the Home Minister, seeking NIA probe into the blasts," Commission chairman Munaf Hakim told reporters at the NCP office here today.
The blasts may have been carried out by right-wing Hindu groups and police and Maharashtra ATS seem to have overlooked vital clues, Hakim said.
"It should be noted that during a search, Nanded Police recovered namaz caps, fake beard and Muslim attire from the house of RSS member Laxman Kondawar, but neither local police nor ATS has shown seriousness about these vital clues," Hakim said.
At the Congress Chintan Shivir in Jaipur, Shinde had accused BJP and RSS of promoting "Hindu terrorism."
NIA is probing the 2006 and 2008 Malegaon blasts and its officers have made an "informal inquiry" in Jalna, Purna, Parbhani and Nanded blast cases, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say