`NIA should probe Purna, Parbhani, Nanded blasts`
Mumbai: Maharashtra Minorities Commission has asked Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to hand over the investigation of Purna, Parbhani and Jalna and Nanded bomb blasts to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"I have written to the Home Minister, seeking NIA probe into the blasts," Commission chairman Munaf Hakim told reporters at the NCP office here today.
The blasts may have been carried out by right-wing Hindu groups and police and Maharashtra ATS seem to have overlooked vital clues, Hakim said.
"It should be noted that during a search, Nanded Police recovered namaz caps, fake beard and Muslim attire from the house of RSS member Laxman Kondawar, but neither local police nor ATS has shown seriousness about these vital clues," Hakim said.
At the Congress Chintan Shivir in Jaipur, Shinde had accused BJP and RSS of promoting "Hindu terrorism."
NIA is probing the 2006 and 2008 Malegaon blasts and its officers have made an "informal inquiry" in Jalna, Purna, Parbhani and Nanded blast cases, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan