`NIA should probe Purna, Parbhani, Nanded blasts`
Mumbai: Maharashtra Minorities Commission has asked Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to hand over the investigation of Purna, Parbhani and Jalna and Nanded bomb blasts to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"I have written to the Home Minister, seeking NIA probe into the blasts," Commission chairman Munaf Hakim told reporters at the NCP office here today.
The blasts may have been carried out by right-wing Hindu groups and police and Maharashtra ATS seem to have overlooked vital clues, Hakim said.
"It should be noted that during a search, Nanded Police recovered namaz caps, fake beard and Muslim attire from the house of RSS member Laxman Kondawar, but neither local police nor ATS has shown seriousness about these vital clues," Hakim said.
At the Congress Chintan Shivir in Jaipur, Shinde had accused BJP and RSS of promoting "Hindu terrorism."
NIA is probing the 2006 and 2008 Malegaon blasts and its officers have made an "informal inquiry" in Jalna, Purna, Parbhani and Nanded blast cases, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II