`NIA should probe Purna, Parbhani, Nanded blasts`
Mumbai: Maharashtra Minorities Commission has asked Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to hand over the investigation of Purna, Parbhani and Jalna and Nanded bomb blasts to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"I have written to the Home Minister, seeking NIA probe into the blasts," Commission chairman Munaf Hakim told reporters at the NCP office here today.
The blasts may have been carried out by right-wing Hindu groups and police and Maharashtra ATS seem to have overlooked vital clues, Hakim said.
"It should be noted that during a search, Nanded Police recovered namaz caps, fake beard and Muslim attire from the house of RSS member Laxman Kondawar, but neither local police nor ATS has shown seriousness about these vital clues," Hakim said.
At the Congress Chintan Shivir in Jaipur, Shinde had accused BJP and RSS of promoting "Hindu terrorism."
NIA is probing the 2006 and 2008 Malegaon blasts and its officers have made an "informal inquiry" in Jalna, Purna, Parbhani and Nanded blast cases, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees