Nigerian held for promising `jackpot` money
Daman: Silvassa Crime Branch on Sunday
arrested a Nigerian national from outside Mumbai airport in
connection with a fraud jackpot case, police said.
Silvassa crime branch in-charge KB Mahanjan said
that Raymond Andra Odee was arrested outside Santacruz airport
in Mumbai with the help of their Mumbai counterparts.
Earlier, an FIR was lodged against the accused by the
city-based Manoj Kothari stating that he had received many
calls and emails claiming that he had won a jackpot of Rs 40
lakh and he could claim the amount only after depositing Rs
Kothari, however, did not give in to the temptation
and registered a complaint with Silvassa police who then laid
a trap to nab Odee.
As per the plan, Kothari asked the suspect where to
deposit the said amount to which Odee asked him to come to
Mumbai with the money at a shop outside the airport, police
Subsequently, police nabbed Odee and seized five
mobile phones from him. He was then brought to Silvassa where
the crime branch was probing whether the Nigerian had duped
others by promising the `jackpot.`
Daman and Dadra Nagar Haveli Inspector General of
Police, Muktesh Chandra, said that similar cases were reported
in the past also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets