Nikam appointed as lawyer in Rueben, Keenan case
Mumbai: Maharashtra government would appoint
well-known advocate Ujjwal Nikam as lawyer in the Amboli eve- teasing double murder case, Home Minister R R Patil said
"The case would be tried in a fast track court and Ujjwal
Nikam has been appointed as the lawyer. The government would
bore the expenditure of the case," Patil was quoted as saying
in a release issued here.
"The state home department has asked the Centre to make
section 509, which deals with eve-teasing as non-bailable and
cognisable offence," he added.
On October 20, Rueben Fernandes (28) and Keenan Sentos
(25) were attacked with choppers by a group of four outside a
bar, after the two objected to indecent behaviour of the group
targeting the girls who were with them.
Meanwhile, a delegation of `Yuva-Satta` group which has
started the `Zero Tolerance Campaign` after the murder of
Reuben and Keenan met Patil over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?