Nimbalkar case: Order on Padamsinh Patil’s bail plea today
Mumbai: A sessions court here will on Friday pass an order on the bail application of suspended NCP leader Padamsinh Patil, arrested for his alleged involvement in the 2006 murder of Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar.
This is the second time Patil has approached the Alibagh sessions court seeking bail since his arrest on June 7 this year.
Patil`s first bail application was rejected by the court observing that there was prima facie case against him.
The CBI in its 5000-page chargesheet has named Patil as the prime accused to have hatched the conspiracy to murder Nimbalkar due to political and business rivalry.
Patil`s lawyer V R Manohar today argued that Patil is entitled to be released on bail as the chargesheet has been filed and the question of the accused tampering with evidence does not arise.
"There is no evidence against Patil except for the confessional statement of a co-accused, Parasmal Jain, which is not admissible," Manohar argued.
CBI counsel, Ejaz Khan, however, opposed the bail stating that confessional statement is the strongest evidence for proving conspiracy.
"Apart from the confessional statements, the CBI has other evidence to prove Patil`s involvement in the case," Khan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year