Nimbalkar case: Padamsinh Patil released on bail
Mumbai: Suspended NCP leader and Lok Sabha
member Padamsinh Patil was on Friday granted bail by a court here
in the sensational murder of Congress leader Pawanraje
Nimbalkar in 2006 nearly four months after he was arrested.
Additional Session Judge Arvind Kale, while giving the
conditional bail to Patil, said his custody was no longer
required but asked the accused to funish a bail bond of Rs two
lakh. He was arrested on June 6 this year.
While observing that Patil`s custody was not required
anymore as the CBI has filed its chargesheet in the case, the
court, however, directed him not to leave the country without
taking its permission.
The court order came barely three weeks ahead of the
October 13 Assembly elections in which Patil`s son Rana
Jagjitsinh is a candidate from Osmanabad district.
NCP declined to give an immediate comment. Its state
spokesperson Madan Bafna said "we will comment only after the
final order of the court."
The CBI, in its 5,000-page chargesheet, has named Patil
as the prime accused who hatched the conspiracy to murder
Nimbalkar due to political and business rivalry.
CBI counsel Ejaz Khan had opposed the bail arguing that
confessional statement is the strongest evidence for proving
conspiracy. "Apart from the confessional statement, the CBI
has other evidence to prove Patil`s involvement in the case,"
Nimbalkar and his driver were shot dead on June 3, 2006
at Kalamboli in neighbouring Navi Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi