Nine devotees killed as truck falls into river
Satara (Maha): Nine devotees, including seven women, were killed and seven others injured when a truck fell into the Nira river here in the wee hours today, police said.
The incident took place around 3.30 AM near Lonand village when the driver lost control over the vehicle while crossing the river bridge, they said.
The devotees, all from Kambaleshwar village in Baramati (Pune) were on their way to Pandharpur when the mishap occurred killing seven on the spot while two others succumbed on their way to the hospital, police said.
The deceased have not been identified yet and the injured have been admitted to a nearby private hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi