Nine devotees killed as truck falls into river
Satara (Maha): Nine devotees, including seven women, were killed and seven others injured when a truck fell into the Nira river here in the wee hours today, police said.
The incident took place around 3.30 AM near Lonand village when the driver lost control over the vehicle while crossing the river bridge, they said.
The devotees, all from Kambaleshwar village in Baramati (Pune) were on their way to Pandharpur when the mishap occurred killing seven on the spot while two others succumbed on their way to the hospital, police said.
The deceased have not been identified yet and the injured have been admitted to a nearby private hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?