Nine TCS employees killed in road mishap
Mumbai: Nine employees of IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) were among the 30 killed when a private bus carrying devotees to Shirdi met with an accident near Naldurg town in Maharashtra on Saturday.
"We are extremely shocked and saddened by young lives taken away. We are extending full support to the families," a TCS spokesperson said in a statement.
Among the 13 TCS employees, who were in the bus, 9 were killed, one person is critically injured and three others are out of danger.
The passengers were proceeding to Shirdi in Ahmednagar district, which houses the famous Saibaba Temple, when the mishap occurred at 2:40 am near Naldurg town on the Hyderabad-Solapur Highway, the police said, adding that the deceased included 16 women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony