Nine TCS employees killed in road mishap
Mumbai: Nine employees of IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) were among the 30 killed when a private bus carrying devotees to Shirdi met with an accident near Naldurg town in Maharashtra on Saturday.
"We are extremely shocked and saddened by young lives taken away. We are extending full support to the families," a TCS spokesperson said in a statement.
Among the 13 TCS employees, who were in the bus, 9 were killed, one person is critically injured and three others are out of danger.
The passengers were proceeding to Shirdi in Ahmednagar district, which houses the famous Saibaba Temple, when the mishap occurred at 2:40 am near Naldurg town on the Hyderabad-Solapur Highway, the police said, adding that the deceased included 16 women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror