Nine TCS employees killed in road mishap
Mumbai: Nine employees of IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) were among the 30 killed when a private bus carrying devotees to Shirdi met with an accident near Naldurg town in Maharashtra on Saturday.
"We are extremely shocked and saddened by young lives taken away. We are extending full support to the families," a TCS spokesperson said in a statement.
Among the 13 TCS employees, who were in the bus, 9 were killed, one person is critically injured and three others are out of danger.
The passengers were proceeding to Shirdi in Ahmednagar district, which houses the famous Saibaba Temple, when the mishap occurred at 2:40 am near Naldurg town on the Hyderabad-Solapur Highway, the police said, adding that the deceased included 16 women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here