Nine TCS employees killed in road mishap
Mumbai: Nine employees of IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) were among the 30 killed when a private bus carrying devotees to Shirdi met with an accident near Naldurg town in Maharashtra on Saturday.
"We are extremely shocked and saddened by young lives taken away. We are extending full support to the families," a TCS spokesperson said in a statement.
Among the 13 TCS employees, who were in the bus, 9 were killed, one person is critically injured and three others are out of danger.
The passengers were proceeding to Shirdi in Ahmednagar district, which houses the famous Saibaba Temple, when the mishap occurred at 2:40 am near Naldurg town on the Hyderabad-Solapur Highway, the police said, adding that the deceased included 16 women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal