Nitin Thakare elected chief of Nashik Bar Association
Nashik: Advocate Nitin Baburao Thakare has been elected as the president of Nashik Bar Association.
Thakare defeated his rival advocate Dilip Vanarase by a margin of 30 votes.
Advocate Balasaheb Adake was re-elected as vice president of bar association after he defeated advocate Chandrakant Kulkarni by 23 votes.
The results of the elections, held on June 26, were declared last evening.
Nitin Thakare, who is also the chairman of a city-based educational institute, got 1,025 votes while his rival Vanarase, the sitting president of Nashik Bar Association, polled 995 votes, sources added.
The other elected members on the body are - Suresh Niphade (secretary), Jalindar Tadge (joint secretary) and Mangla Shejval (woman-joint secretary).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference