NMC officer alleges sexual harassment by senior
Nashik: A woman officer of Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has alleged that deputy municipal commissioner has sexually harassed her at work place.
The officer filed a complaint against commissioner Deepak Kasar with city police commissioner Kulwant Kumar Sarangal on Monday, following which an inquiry has been launched, sources said Wednesday.
In view of seriousness of the issue, the NMC Commissioner Sanjay Khandare has set up a panel to probe her complaint against the deputy civic chief who has come to the NMC on deputation from revenue department.
Meanwhile, opposition Shiv Sena and the NMC Employees Union have demanded suspension of Kasar from service and threatened to launch a "stop work" stir from tomorrow in support of their demand.
When contacted, the municipal commissioner`s office said that he has gone to Mumbai on some official engagement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video