NMC officer alleges sexual harassment by senior
Nashik: A woman officer of Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has alleged that deputy municipal commissioner has sexually harassed her at work place.
The officer filed a complaint against commissioner Deepak Kasar with city police commissioner Kulwant Kumar Sarangal on Monday, following which an inquiry has been launched, sources said Wednesday.
In view of seriousness of the issue, the NMC Commissioner Sanjay Khandare has set up a panel to probe her complaint against the deputy civic chief who has come to the NMC on deputation from revenue department.
Meanwhile, opposition Shiv Sena and the NMC Employees Union have demanded suspension of Kasar from service and threatened to launch a "stop work" stir from tomorrow in support of their demand.
When contacted, the municipal commissioner`s office said that he has gone to Mumbai on some official engagement.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?