NMC officer alleges sexual harassment by senior
Nashik: A woman officer of Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has alleged that deputy municipal commissioner has sexually harassed her at work place.
The officer filed a complaint against commissioner Deepak Kasar with city police commissioner Kulwant Kumar Sarangal on Monday, following which an inquiry has been launched, sources said Wednesday.
In view of seriousness of the issue, the NMC Commissioner Sanjay Khandare has set up a panel to probe her complaint against the deputy civic chief who has come to the NMC on deputation from revenue department.
Meanwhile, opposition Shiv Sena and the NMC Employees Union have demanded suspension of Kasar from service and threatened to launch a "stop work" stir from tomorrow in support of their demand.
When contacted, the municipal commissioner`s office said that he has gone to Mumbai on some official engagement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress move to corner Amitabh Bachchan ''utter hypocrisy'': Subramanian Swamy
- India, China should resolve issues through political acumen: Pranab Mukherjee
- Ex-Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi convoy attacked, police van set on fire near Gaya
- IPL 2016: David Warner praises SRH bowlers, fielders for win over KKR in IPL Eliminator
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights