NMC officer alleges sexual harassment by senior
Nashik: A woman officer of Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has alleged that deputy municipal commissioner has sexually harassed her at work place.
The officer filed a complaint against commissioner Deepak Kasar with city police commissioner Kulwant Kumar Sarangal on Monday, following which an inquiry has been launched, sources said Wednesday.
In view of seriousness of the issue, the NMC Commissioner Sanjay Khandare has set up a panel to probe her complaint against the deputy civic chief who has come to the NMC on deputation from revenue department.
Meanwhile, opposition Shiv Sena and the NMC Employees Union have demanded suspension of Kasar from service and threatened to launch a "stop work" stir from tomorrow in support of their demand.
When contacted, the municipal commissioner`s office said that he has gone to Mumbai on some official engagement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail