NMIMS entrance test racket busted
Mumbai: Police claimed to have bust an MBA entrance test racket, with the arrest of six persons including the prime accused.
The prime accused has been identified as Alok Kumar, a B Tech graduate who cleared the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) entrance test several times by impersonating real applicants.
About 87 students cleared NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) for the MBA batch of 2013, police said, adding that about 22 students cleared the test and got admissions in 2011.
Five other accused, who acted as mediators, have been identified as Hanumant Singh Gujar, Sugriv Gujar who are both BTech graduates and brothers, besides Brajendra Pratap Singh, MBA graduate Pavan Kumar and Himanshu Shekhar, the police said.
The gang charged Rs 15 lakh per student, they said.
The first five accused were held from Delhi, while Himanshu was nabbed from Pune in the last seven days.
On behalf of the NMIMS, the NMAT test is conducted by Pearson VUE, the world`s largest education company that develops and delivers over 10 million computer-based tests across 175 countries, police said.
"A month ago, the NMIMS complained to us about possible fraudulent practices being carried during online tests for NMAT 2013. During the course of the investigation, we caught all the six accused who used to charge Rs 15 lakh per student to ensure that they clear the NMAT test," Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Himanshu Roy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH