No bail for Sadhvi Pragya in Malegaon case
Mumbai: A special Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court today rejected the bail
application filed by Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused
in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case.
"We had prayed for the bail as she is medically unfit
but the court today rejected it", said Sadhvi`s lawyer
She had moved the bail application citing medical
Twelve persons, including Sadhvi and Lt Col Prasad
Purohit, were arrested for allegedly carrying out blast in
powerloom town of Malegaon in Nashik district on September 29,
Six persons were killed and about 100 others injured
in the blast.
The accused were booked under stringent provisions of
MCOCA, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides the
Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The trial is yet to commence as the appeal of some of
the accused against invocation of MCOCA in the case was
pending before the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’