No bail for Sadhvi Pragya in Malegaon case
Mumbai: A special Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court today rejected the bail
application filed by Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused
in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case.
"We had prayed for the bail as she is medically unfit
but the court today rejected it", said Sadhvi`s lawyer
She had moved the bail application citing medical
Twelve persons, including Sadhvi and Lt Col Prasad
Purohit, were arrested for allegedly carrying out blast in
powerloom town of Malegaon in Nashik district on September 29,
Six persons were killed and about 100 others injured
in the blast.
The accused were booked under stringent provisions of
MCOCA, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides the
Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The trial is yet to commence as the appeal of some of
the accused against invocation of MCOCA in the case was
pending before the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site