No bail to Sharma in Chhota Rajan aide`s encounter case
Mumbai: The sessions court on Monday rejected
the bail plea of encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma, arrested
for his alleged involvement in the fake encounter of one
Ramnarayan Gupta, an aide of gangster Chhota Rajan.
The court observed that it was a serious offence and
prima facie there is evidence against Sharma.
On November 11, 2006, Ramnarayan alias Lakhan was
killed in an encounter at suburban Versova.
Ramnarayan`s advocate brother Ramprasad Gupta had
approached the Bombay High Court alleging that his brother was
shot dead by the police.
Sharma was arrested on January 7 by the Special
Investigative Team (SIT) formed by the High Court to probe
into the case.
Sharma in his plea had said that he has been falsely
implicated in the case and that the police is fabricating
evidence against him.
The prosecution had, however, opposed the bail on the
grounds that Sharma is an influential person who would
intimidate witnesses and tamper with evidence if released on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days