No bias against Lavasa, says Jairam Ramesh
Mumbai: Union Minister for Environment and
Forests Jairam Ramesh on Sunday said there was no bias or
prejudice on the part of his ministry to issue a show cause
notice to the Lavasa Lake city coming up near Pune.
Talking to reporters here, Ramesh said a show cause
notice has been issued to the company. "When they reply comes,
we will follow procedures as per law," he added.
Ramesh said the show cause notice was sent because in the
view of his ministry, existing laws of forest conservation and
environment protection had been violated.
"No decision will be taken arbitrarily. Lavasa will be
given a chance to put forth their point. Action would be taken
after due consideration," Ramesh said.
He said the priority of his ministry was to monitor
implementation of environment laws passed by Parliament.
When asked about the Adarsh Housing society, Ramesh said
the lawyers have replied to the show cause notice.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said an FIR has been
filed into the key missing papers related to the Adarsh
society from the Urban development ministry.
"Investigations are on and action would be taken against
the guilty," he added.
Chavan also informed that an internal inquiry into the
issue is also in progress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living