No chance of meeting Patnaik`s fate: RR Patil
Mumbai: Having shown the door to Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik in the aftermath of August 11 Azad Maidan violence by way of a promotion, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil does not think a similar fate awaits him.
"In Patnaik`s case, there were two vacancies. There are four DGP rank officers and we want to take the number to six. With Patnaik, the number will go up to five. We plan to have one more DG rank officer from non-cadre. In my case, there is no vacancy. Current incumbents in both posts are doing well," Patil told reporters.
He was apparently referring to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and his deputy Ajit Pawar.
Patil, who is also facing Opposition flak over the Azad Maidan incident, was asked if he too anticipated a transfer-cum-promotion like Patnaik.
Patnaik, an additional Director General rank officer, was removed from the high-profile post on promotion to the rank of Director General and appointed Managing Director of Maharashtra State Security Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply