No chance of meeting Patnaik`s fate: RR Patil
Mumbai: Having shown the door to Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik in the aftermath of August 11 Azad Maidan violence by way of a promotion, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil does not think a similar fate awaits him.
"In Patnaik`s case, there were two vacancies. There are four DGP rank officers and we want to take the number to six. With Patnaik, the number will go up to five. We plan to have one more DG rank officer from non-cadre. In my case, there is no vacancy. Current incumbents in both posts are doing well," Patil told reporters.
He was apparently referring to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and his deputy Ajit Pawar.
Patil, who is also facing Opposition flak over the Azad Maidan incident, was asked if he too anticipated a transfer-cum-promotion like Patnaik.
Patnaik, an additional Director General rank officer, was removed from the high-profile post on promotion to the rank of Director General and appointed Managing Director of Maharashtra State Security Corporation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know