No coercive action against former MHADA CVO, HC directs
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Monday directed the city police not to arrest former Chief Vigilance Officer of Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) till a chargesheet is filed in the case of extortion against them.
One Feroz Khan has filed complaint of extortion against IPS officer Jawahar Singh, former CVO of MHADA, and assistance Inspector of police Deepak Shinde, his junior. Both Singh and Shinde had approached the High Court, seeking to quash the criminal case against them.
"Justice V K Tahilramani on Monday said that no coercive action should be taken against them till final investigation report (chargesheet) is filed in the case," said their lawyer advocate Mahesh Waswani. Earlier, Singh and Shinde had applied to the magistrate for getting the FIRs against them quashed, but the magistrate rejected their plea.
The Court on Monday allowed Singh and Shinde to file revision application before the sessions court in this regard. Singh`s case is that when he was with MHADA, he had received some complaints of cheating against Khan, which he forwarded to police. Allegedly, Khan had promised some people that he would get them MHADA flats (which are cheaper than market rates).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened