No coercive action against former MHADA CVO, HC directs
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Monday directed the city police not to arrest former Chief Vigilance Officer of Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) till a chargesheet is filed in the case of extortion against them.
One Feroz Khan has filed complaint of extortion against IPS officer Jawahar Singh, former CVO of MHADA, and assistance Inspector of police Deepak Shinde, his junior. Both Singh and Shinde had approached the High Court, seeking to quash the criminal case against them.
"Justice V K Tahilramani on Monday said that no coercive action should be taken against them till final investigation report (chargesheet) is filed in the case," said their lawyer advocate Mahesh Waswani. Earlier, Singh and Shinde had applied to the magistrate for getting the FIRs against them quashed, but the magistrate rejected their plea.
The Court on Monday allowed Singh and Shinde to file revision application before the sessions court in this regard. Singh`s case is that when he was with MHADA, he had received some complaints of cheating against Khan, which he forwarded to police. Allegedly, Khan had promised some people that he would get them MHADA flats (which are cheaper than market rates).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27