No cracks on Bandra-Worli sea link: MSRDC
Mumbai: Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) on Tuesday said there were no cracks or leakages on the recently inaugurated Bandra-Worli sea link.
A joint press statement issued by MSRDC, Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) and Dubai-based DAR Consultants denied presence of any cracks or leakages.
A section of media had reported that the sea link, which was opened to the public in June, has developed leaks and that there were cracks on the road surface.
MSRDC also assured that the bridge was structurally safe and at par with any other international bridge of this scale.
As per standard international practice, the bridge is being inspected on a regular basis and minor rectifications carried out to ensure continued durability of the structure, the release said.
"The rectifications are common in all bridges of this scale and is carried out by the contractors during the Defect Liability Period," it said.
DAR is the project designer-consultant and HCC was the contractor for the 5.6-kilometre sea link.
MSRDC had funded the construction of the sea link, which is first-of-its-kind in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa