No decision yet on 26/11 attackers’ bodies: Maha govt
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government Friday said it is not in a position to take decision over disposal of the bodies of nine Pakistan-based LeT terrorists killed during 26/11 Mumbai attack.
"The matter is sub judice and we cannot take any decision on disposal of the bodies," Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Chandra Iyengar told reporterrs.
The bodies are lying in J J Hospital mortuary, since they were brought there for autopsy, for almost a year after Muslim organisations here decided that cemeteries in the metropolis will not open its doors for the last rites of these militants.
Maharashtra Home Minister Jayant Patil had earlier said that Pakistan had agreed to accept the bodies of four of the nine terrorists. However, Pakistan refuted his claim.
Meanwhile, a senior official said the bodies may be needed for evidence during the ongoing 26/11 trial and as such, no decision could be taken on their disposal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!
- Arjun Rampal captures priceless moments from 'Kahaani 2'! – View pics