No decision yet on joining AAP: Medha Patkar
Mumbai: Social activist Medha Patkar on Thursday said she was yet to take a decision on joining the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
Patkar said that senior AAP leader Yogendra Yadav had spoken to her about joining the fledgling party.
"Deliberations are on within the National Alliance of Peoples Movement (NAPM) of which I am a member, about intervention in electoral process by social activists," she said.
A meeting of NAPM will be held in Mumbai on January 12 and later in Wardha on January 23 and 24.
Meanwhile, speaking in Indore, the 59-year-old social activist expressed hope that there would be some clarity by January 15 on whether she would be joining AAP or not.
She appreciated the leadership of Delhi Chief Minister and AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal.
"The credit goes to Kejriwal and his team to provide a platform for strongly addressing people`s issues," Medha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore