No dowry custom among tribals, others should ape this: Patil
Nashik: Former President of India Pratibha Patil on Saturday lauded the tribal culture, and noted that social evils such as dowry are absent in the tribal societies.
"Among the tribal societies, no dowry is taken at the time of marriage...They have a noble culture despite lack of education...Other societies should ape them," Patil said, speaking at a function organised here for the tribal women on the occasion of Diwali.
Tirupati Devasthan Trust`s chairman and MP K Bappiraju and Maharashtra tribal development minister Madhukar Pichad were present, among others, at the function organised at the premises of Agriculture Produce Market Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal