No enmity with Shiv Sena anymore: Narayan Rane
Thane: Former Shiv Sainik and current Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane has said that he no more harbours any hard feelings for the saffron organisation, post Bal Thackeray era.
Once blue-eyed boy of Shiv Sena, Rane was expelled from the party in 2005 after his open dissidence against appointment of Uddhav Thackeray as executive president.
"I have no enmity as such with Shiv Sena from now on," the Congress leader said on Monday night after inaugurating the office of Standing Committee Chairman Ravi Phatak here.
Post his exit from Shiv Sena, Rane, who became chief minister succeeding Manohar Joshi when the NDA was at the helm, often traded barbs with Uddhav and considerable decimated Shiv Sena in Konkan region in subsequent by-elections.
Rane`s statement came in the wake of Uddhav Thackeray stating that he could not claim the exalted title of "Shiv Sena Pramukh" as it had been attributed to his late father Bal Thackeray.
To a question on future of Shiv Sena under Uddhav Thackeray, Rane said, "I would offer comments only after Uddhav completes his statewide tour".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?