No entry for tatooed youth in Army recruitment rally
Nagpur: Those having permanent and big tattoos on their bodies, particularly on shoulders will not be eligible for entry into the Army Recruitment rally being held at Gondia district in Maharashtra, from April 20-26.
The six-day rally being held at Police Grounds in Gondia is mainly to attract tribal youths from Gondia, Bhandara, Gadchiroli and Yavatmal districts, between the age group of 17-21 years, Colonel Bains, Director Army Recruitment Centre, Nagpur, told reporters here.
Youths from Washim, Wardha, Akola and Amravati and those having NCC certificates too will be eligible for recruitment.
He said that tattoos only on the inner face of the fore arms (from inside of elbow to waist) and back (dorsal) part of hand (reverse side of palm) are allowed as part of the Army discipline. The rest will have to stay out.
About 40,000 youths are expected to come for the rally, Col Bains said.
Interested youths have been advised not to fall for touts who take money from candidates. Intelligence men from Army and Police will be keeping a watch on such persons, he added.
The recruitment is open for category in soldiers general duty, soldier clerk, and soldier technical (nursing assistant), Col Bains added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!