No entry for tatooed youth in Army recruitment rally
Nagpur: Those having permanent and big tattoos on their bodies, particularly on shoulders will not be eligible for entry into the Army Recruitment rally being held at Gondia district in Maharashtra, from April 20-26.
The six-day rally being held at Police Grounds in Gondia is mainly to attract tribal youths from Gondia, Bhandara, Gadchiroli and Yavatmal districts, between the age group of 17-21 years, Colonel Bains, Director Army Recruitment Centre, Nagpur, told reporters here.
Youths from Washim, Wardha, Akola and Amravati and those having NCC certificates too will be eligible for recruitment.
He said that tattoos only on the inner face of the fore arms (from inside of elbow to waist) and back (dorsal) part of hand (reverse side of palm) are allowed as part of the Army discipline. The rest will have to stay out.
About 40,000 youths are expected to come for the rally, Col Bains said.
Interested youths have been advised not to fall for touts who take money from candidates. Intelligence men from Army and Police will be keeping a watch on such persons, he added.
The recruitment is open for category in soldiers general duty, soldier clerk, and soldier technical (nursing assistant), Col Bains added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog