No explanation sought from Cong on funds row: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan on Saturday said the Congress leadership has not sought any
clarification from him on the issue of alleged collection of
funds for party president Sonia Gandhi`s public rally near
"I have not been asked anything about the issue so
far," he said, when asked if the Congress high command had
discussed or asked him about the alleged collection of funds
from Congress ministers in Maharashtra for Gandhi`s rally at
Sewagram, 80 km from Nagpur, yesterday.
To a query, Chavan said, "Several meetings are going
on (in Delhi). Party Pradesh Returning Officers from several
states were called to discuss organisational matters. They
included representatives from Maharashtra also. These are
Asked if the funds row was discussed in the Delhi
meetings, the Congress leader said he was not aware of it.
The controversy arose when news channels on Thursday
aired a footage showing state Congress chief Manikrao Thakre
discussing with ex-minister Satish Chaturvedi fund collection
from Congress ministers, including Chavan, for the rally.
Chavan had earlier said all the money raised for the
meet has been accounted for.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living