No explanation sought from Cong on funds row: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan on Saturday said the Congress leadership has not sought any
clarification from him on the issue of alleged collection of
funds for party president Sonia Gandhi`s public rally near
"I have not been asked anything about the issue so
far," he said, when asked if the Congress high command had
discussed or asked him about the alleged collection of funds
from Congress ministers in Maharashtra for Gandhi`s rally at
Sewagram, 80 km from Nagpur, yesterday.
To a query, Chavan said, "Several meetings are going
on (in Delhi). Party Pradesh Returning Officers from several
states were called to discuss organisational matters. They
included representatives from Maharashtra also. These are
Asked if the funds row was discussed in the Delhi
meetings, the Congress leader said he was not aware of it.
The controversy arose when news channels on Thursday
aired a footage showing state Congress chief Manikrao Thakre
discussing with ex-minister Satish Chaturvedi fund collection
from Congress ministers, including Chavan, for the rally.
Chavan had earlier said all the money raised for the
meet has been accounted for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?