No final decision on making babus` assets public: Chavan
New Delhi: The Centre has not taken any
final decision on the issue of disclosing the assets of public
servants, Lok Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Minister of state for Personnel, Public Grievances and
Pensions Prithviraj Chavan in a written reply to a question
said, "Suggestions to make public the assets of All India
Services Officers have been received. No final decision on
this subject has been taken."
The Central Information Commission has held that assets
of public servants are public documents.
In a landmark order, the transparency panel has said
that information such as assets of a public servant, routinely
collected by the public authority, should be made available to
the people under the RTI Act.
Information commissioner Shailesh Gandhi had said that
such disclosure could not be termed as an invasion on the
privacy of an individual.
He went on to say that disclosure of assets by a
bureaucrat is no longer a matter just between him and his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport