No headway into senior citizen`s murder case
Mumbai: Police have failed to make any
headway so far in connection with the murder of a Delhi-based
senior citizen, a case in which his small-time Bollywood actor
son and two paying guests are suspects.
"None of the three suspects have been traced yet. The
police teams have been dispatched outside Mumbai to catch
them, but in vain," a police officer said.
Police`s attempts to locate the mobile network of the
accused also failed to yield any results as the phones were
The statements of the neighbours of the victim have
been recorded, police said.
Pointing out that the investigation was underway, police
today refused to hand over the body of the deceased Arunkumar
Tikku (62) to his relative who had come to claim it.
According to police, the knife, which was recovered from
the spot, has been sent for forensic analysis for fingerprint
Tikku was found murdered in the bathroom of his first
floor apartment in Lokhandwala Complex late on Saturday night.
The senior citizen had six to eight stab wounds on his abdomen
and a computer wire tied around his neck.
A businessman based in Delhi, Tikku owned three flats on
the first floor of the high-rise Samartha Aangan -3A.
The paying guests had moved in to live with Tikku`s son
Anuj only a fortnight ago. The victim was a widower and had
recently arrived in the city to take his son back to Delhi
as he did not have a job.
According to police sources, a witness, who was
walking towards his car, had seen a man who could be Arunkumar
Tikku struggling near the window of the 101 flat in the
building as another man was found with signs of stabbing him.
The witness alerted the neighbours and security
supervisor who had gone to the flat and knocked the door,
police sources said.
According to them, one of the two topless men, who were
in jeans, had opened the door and pulled the security guard
inside and the witness had also rushed in following the
suspicious behaviour of the unidentified man.
"There were blood stains on the bodies of the two
suspects inside the room, the witness claimed," police officer
"When the witness further questioned the two, they said
that they were watching IPL match, during which, they had a
fight and because of that there were blood stains."
The deceased owned three flats -- 101, 102, 103-- in
the high-rise and the two, whom the witness was talking about,
could be paying guests, police said.
"It is strange that Arunkumar`s son had not approached
us so far. So, as of now, he is also one of the suspects,"
the officer said.
Subsequently, cops were informed about the suspicious
behaviour of the two, police said adding as a police team
rushed to the spot, the door was locked from inside, which was
later broken open and the deceased was found inside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India