No impact of Ajit`s resignation on Cong-NCP ties: Congress
Mumbai: Maharashtra unit of Congress on Friday said there would not be any adverse impact of NCP leader Ajit Pawar`s resignation as Deputy Chief Minister on the 13-year old Congress-NCP alliance in the state.
"Ajit Pawar had said while resigning that he won`t accept any post till charges against him are cleared," said state Congress chief Manikrao Thakre here this evening.
"It was for the NCP to take decision. The issue was being discussed for the last two-three days. Talks were on and today they have come to end."
"Congress-NCP alliance would continue and there would not be any adverse impact," he said.
NCP today decided to accept Ajit Pawar`s resignation, proffered in the wake of corruption allegations.
Meanwhile, leader of independents` group in the state Assembly, Dilip Sopal, said independent MLAs would continue to support NCP.
"Ajit Pawar is leader of NCP legislature party and we are with him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured