No impact of Ajit`s resignation on Cong-NCP ties: Congress
Mumbai: Maharashtra unit of Congress on Friday said there would not be any adverse impact of NCP leader Ajit Pawar`s resignation as Deputy Chief Minister on the 13-year old Congress-NCP alliance in the state.
"Ajit Pawar had said while resigning that he won`t accept any post till charges against him are cleared," said state Congress chief Manikrao Thakre here this evening.
"It was for the NCP to take decision. The issue was being discussed for the last two-three days. Talks were on and today they have come to end."
"Congress-NCP alliance would continue and there would not be any adverse impact," he said.
NCP today decided to accept Ajit Pawar`s resignation, proffered in the wake of corruption allegations.
Meanwhile, leader of independents` group in the state Assembly, Dilip Sopal, said independent MLAs would continue to support NCP.
"Ajit Pawar is leader of NCP legislature party and we are with him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city