No merger with anyone: Raj Thackeray responds to Uddhav offer
Kolhapur: Ruling out any alliance with Shiv Sena ahead of 2014 General Election, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray on Tuesday said that there will be no alliance with any party.
“I do not wish for an alliance with anyone,” he said while addressing a rally in Kolhapur.
"There is no thought now of any alliance. Do talks of alliance happen through newspapers?," he further said.
The statement comes after Shiv Sena’s executive chief Uddhav Thackeray hinted at the possibility of reconciliation with his cousin Raj Thackeray in an interview to Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna.
However, the stand of MNS chief today has ruled out any possibility of a merger between Shiv Sena and the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) ahead of the 2014 general elections.
The two political parties, which are trying to capture the void created by the demise of Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray and become the flag-bearer of the ‘Maratha’ cause, have to compete with each other in order to gain an upper hand in Maharashtra politics.
Shiv Sena president, who is not averse to joining hands with MNS, was quoted as saying, “This is a question that the two of us (Raj and I) have to sit together and discuss. The two of us have to decide the answer together."
During the interview, Uddhav spoke about the advantage of the two political outfits coming together to save the spit in the Marathi votebank ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Raj Thackeray had split from the party in 2006 to form the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) when the Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray asked his son Uddhav to lead the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand