No merger with anyone: Raj Thackeray responds to Uddhav offer
Kolhapur: Ruling out any alliance with Shiv Sena ahead of 2014 General Election, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray on Tuesday said that there will be no alliance with any party.
“I do not wish for an alliance with anyone,” he said while addressing a rally in Kolhapur.
"There is no thought now of any alliance. Do talks of alliance happen through newspapers?," he further said.
The statement comes after Shiv Sena’s executive chief Uddhav Thackeray hinted at the possibility of reconciliation with his cousin Raj Thackeray in an interview to Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna.
However, the stand of MNS chief today has ruled out any possibility of a merger between Shiv Sena and the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) ahead of the 2014 general elections.
The two political parties, which are trying to capture the void created by the demise of Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray and become the flag-bearer of the ‘Maratha’ cause, have to compete with each other in order to gain an upper hand in Maharashtra politics.
Shiv Sena president, who is not averse to joining hands with MNS, was quoted as saying, “This is a question that the two of us (Raj and I) have to sit together and discuss. The two of us have to decide the answer together."
During the interview, Uddhav spoke about the advantage of the two political outfits coming together to save the spit in the Marathi votebank ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Raj Thackeray had split from the party in 2006 to form the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) when the Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray asked his son Uddhav to lead the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon