No merger with anyone: Raj Thackeray responds to Uddhav offer
Kolhapur: Ruling out any alliance with Shiv Sena ahead of 2014 General Election, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray on Tuesday said that there will be no alliance with any party.
“I do not wish for an alliance with anyone,” he said while addressing a rally in Kolhapur.
"There is no thought now of any alliance. Do talks of alliance happen through newspapers?," he further said.
The statement comes after Shiv Sena’s executive chief Uddhav Thackeray hinted at the possibility of reconciliation with his cousin Raj Thackeray in an interview to Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna.
However, the stand of MNS chief today has ruled out any possibility of a merger between Shiv Sena and the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) ahead of the 2014 general elections.
The two political parties, which are trying to capture the void created by the demise of Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray and become the flag-bearer of the ‘Maratha’ cause, have to compete with each other in order to gain an upper hand in Maharashtra politics.
Shiv Sena president, who is not averse to joining hands with MNS, was quoted as saying, “This is a question that the two of us (Raj and I) have to sit together and discuss. The two of us have to decide the answer together."
During the interview, Uddhav spoke about the advantage of the two political outfits coming together to save the spit in the Marathi votebank ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Raj Thackeray had split from the party in 2006 to form the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) when the Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray asked his son Uddhav to lead the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt