No need of developer`s NOC for sale of flats: Prithviraj Chavan
Mumbai: It will not be mandatory for flat-owners and housing society residents to get NOC from builders while selling or transferring their property, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said.
"There is no need for flat owners to seek NOC from builders before sale or re-sale of flats. There is no such provision in the Maharashtra Ownership of Flats Act (MOFA)," he said.
Chavan has said such illegal activities of pressurising flat-owners to seek NOC must be stopped.
The decision has been taken following complaints received by the Chief Minister about flat owners being prevented from sale or re-sale of their flats on ground that an NOC from builders is required.
It was also brought to Chavan`s notice that after the building is constructed, formation of co-operative housing society and conveyance deed (transferring the land on which the building stands) to the housing society, is delayed.
Builders fleece flat-owners by demanding charges per square feet for transfer of flats and NOC for re-sale.
Flat-owners should bring to the notice of the government, instances of government offices or officers asking for an NOC during sale or re-sale of flats. Flat-owners in buildings where the conveyance deeds have not been effected should get in touch with district authorities, Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?