No need of developer`s NOC for sale of flats: Prithviraj Chavan
Mumbai: It will not be mandatory for flat-owners and housing society residents to get NOC from builders while selling or transferring their property, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said.
"There is no need for flat owners to seek NOC from builders before sale or re-sale of flats. There is no such provision in the Maharashtra Ownership of Flats Act (MOFA)," he said.
Chavan has said such illegal activities of pressurising flat-owners to seek NOC must be stopped.
The decision has been taken following complaints received by the Chief Minister about flat owners being prevented from sale or re-sale of their flats on ground that an NOC from builders is required.
It was also brought to Chavan`s notice that after the building is constructed, formation of co-operative housing society and conveyance deed (transferring the land on which the building stands) to the housing society, is delayed.
Builders fleece flat-owners by demanding charges per square feet for transfer of flats and NOC for re-sale.
Flat-owners should bring to the notice of the government, instances of government offices or officers asking for an NOC during sale or re-sale of flats. Flat-owners in buildings where the conveyance deeds have not been effected should get in touch with district authorities, Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past