No need of developer`s NOC for sale of flats: Prithviraj Chavan
Mumbai: It will not be mandatory for flat-owners and housing society residents to get NOC from builders while selling or transferring their property, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has said.
"There is no need for flat owners to seek NOC from builders before sale or re-sale of flats. There is no such provision in the Maharashtra Ownership of Flats Act (MOFA)," he said.
Chavan has said such illegal activities of pressurising flat-owners to seek NOC must be stopped.
The decision has been taken following complaints received by the Chief Minister about flat owners being prevented from sale or re-sale of their flats on ground that an NOC from builders is required.
It was also brought to Chavan`s notice that after the building is constructed, formation of co-operative housing society and conveyance deed (transferring the land on which the building stands) to the housing society, is delayed.
Builders fleece flat-owners by demanding charges per square feet for transfer of flats and NOC for re-sale.
Flat-owners should bring to the notice of the government, instances of government offices or officers asking for an NOC during sale or re-sale of flats. Flat-owners in buildings where the conveyance deeds have not been effected should get in touch with district authorities, Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery