No one is above party: Gopinath Munde
Aurangabad: In an apparent reference to his
estranged nephew Dhananjay Munde, senior BJP leader Gopinath
Munde on Monday said anybody violating the party discipline would
have to face the disciplinary action.
"If anybody goes against the party whip and is found
guilty of rebellion, action would be initiated against him,"
Munde told reporters here.
The Munde senior was humbled on his home turf in Beed
district when the nominee fielded by his nephew trounced the
candidate fielded by the former deputy Chief Minister.
Deepak Deshmukh, backed by Dhananjay, won the election
held last month to the chairmanship of Parli municipal council
in Marathwada region.
While Deshmukh polled 26 votes, Jugal Kishore Lohia, a
Gopinath Munde loyalist and BJP`s official nominee, polled
Maharashtra BJP had issued a whip to all party
councillors to vote for Lohia.
The 32-member Parli municipal council has 17 BJP members,
while the Congress-NCP`s combined tally is 14, and one member
Maharashtra unit BJP chief Sudhir Mungantiwar had
yesterday said the disciplinary committee of the party was
inquiring into the matter and action will be taken against
Dhananjay, if found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!