No one is above party: Gopinath Munde
Aurangabad: In an apparent reference to his
estranged nephew Dhananjay Munde, senior BJP leader Gopinath
Munde on Monday said anybody violating the party discipline would
have to face the disciplinary action.
"If anybody goes against the party whip and is found
guilty of rebellion, action would be initiated against him,"
Munde told reporters here.
The Munde senior was humbled on his home turf in Beed
district when the nominee fielded by his nephew trounced the
candidate fielded by the former deputy Chief Minister.
Deepak Deshmukh, backed by Dhananjay, won the election
held last month to the chairmanship of Parli municipal council
in Marathwada region.
While Deshmukh polled 26 votes, Jugal Kishore Lohia, a
Gopinath Munde loyalist and BJP`s official nominee, polled
Maharashtra BJP had issued a whip to all party
councillors to vote for Lohia.
The 32-member Parli municipal council has 17 BJP members,
while the Congress-NCP`s combined tally is 14, and one member
Maharashtra unit BJP chief Sudhir Mungantiwar had
yesterday said the disciplinary committee of the party was
inquiring into the matter and action will be taken against
Dhananjay, if found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...