No political motive behind Delhi visit: Narayan Rane
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane, whose meeting with AICC president Sonia Gandhi fuelled speculation about a change of guard in the state, on Saturday said there was no political motive behind his visit to the national capital.
"There was no political discussion. I met her to inquire about her health and extended wishes. If I want to discuss politics, I will take a separate appointment," Rane told reporters.
The minister rejected reports that the meeting was to discuss change of guard in the state. He said apart from him, several leaders from the state had met Gandhi to inquire about her health.
He admitted that there are reports of reshuffle at the Centre with some Union Ministers being given state responsibilities.
"The high command will take a decision taking into consideration political priorities of each state," he said when asked about Maharashtra.
Supporting the decision of FDI in retail, Rane said it would usher in employment opportunities and farmers would get good price for their produce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report