No politics in inviting Bachchan for theatre opening: NCP Minister
Mumbai: Maharashtra Congress leaders,
including Chief Minister Ashok Chavan are avoiding being seen
with actor Amitabh Bachchan but leaders of alliance partner
NCP have no qualms about inviting the superstar.
NCP leader and Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil
wrote to Bachchan, telling him that a municipal council in his
constituency is ready to re-adjust the event date to suit his
Patil had invited Bachchan in December last year for
inaugurating a modern drama theatre at Islampur in his Sangli
On March 11, Patil sent another letter to the actor,
saying the municipal council at Islampur had discussed the
issue and wanted to open the theatre through Bachchan`s
After Bachchan posted Patil`s reminder on his blog,
saying "I wonder what one must make of this," the Minister has
extended the invitation afresh.
"We want Amitabh to attend the function. We have
invited him again after he asked for feedback on the blog," he
However, Congress should not misunderstand the
invitation as "it was an invitation to an artist and had
nothing to do with politics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested