No politics in inviting Bachchan for theatre opening: NCP Minister
Mumbai: Maharashtra Congress leaders,
including Chief Minister Ashok Chavan are avoiding being seen
with actor Amitabh Bachchan but leaders of alliance partner
NCP have no qualms about inviting the superstar.
NCP leader and Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil
wrote to Bachchan, telling him that a municipal council in his
constituency is ready to re-adjust the event date to suit his
Patil had invited Bachchan in December last year for
inaugurating a modern drama theatre at Islampur in his Sangli
On March 11, Patil sent another letter to the actor,
saying the municipal council at Islampur had discussed the
issue and wanted to open the theatre through Bachchan`s
After Bachchan posted Patil`s reminder on his blog,
saying "I wonder what one must make of this," the Minister has
extended the invitation afresh.
"We want Amitabh to attend the function. We have
invited him again after he asked for feedback on the blog," he
However, Congress should not misunderstand the
invitation as "it was an invitation to an artist and had
nothing to do with politics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug