No politics in inviting Bachchan for theatre opening: NCP Minister
Mumbai: Maharashtra Congress leaders,
including Chief Minister Ashok Chavan are avoiding being seen
with actor Amitabh Bachchan but leaders of alliance partner
NCP have no qualms about inviting the superstar.
NCP leader and Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil
wrote to Bachchan, telling him that a municipal council in his
constituency is ready to re-adjust the event date to suit his
Patil had invited Bachchan in December last year for
inaugurating a modern drama theatre at Islampur in his Sangli
On March 11, Patil sent another letter to the actor,
saying the municipal council at Islampur had discussed the
issue and wanted to open the theatre through Bachchan`s
After Bachchan posted Patil`s reminder on his blog,
saying "I wonder what one must make of this," the Minister has
extended the invitation afresh.
"We want Amitabh to attend the function. We have
invited him again after he asked for feedback on the blog," he
However, Congress should not misunderstand the
invitation as "it was an invitation to an artist and had
nothing to do with politics," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SHOCKING: Milan metro suspended ahead of UEFA Champions League final match
- Monaco Grand Prix: Daniel Ricciardo secures maiden pole in Monte Carlo
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!
- Delhi-NCR emerges leader in job creation among 8 cities