No possibility of third front govt at Centre: Sharad Pawar
Mumbai: NCP president Sharad Pawar on Friday said there is no possibility of a third front coming to power at the Centre in the next Lok Sabha elections.
"I don`t see the possibility of a third front (alliance of non-BJP, non-Congress parties). There will be no government (at the Centre) without the help of either Congress or BJP," he told reporters here.
Asked about his prime ministerial ambitions, the 72-year- old Maratha strongman maintained he is a realistic person and has his feet firmly on the ground.
"I can`t dream of becoming prime minister by (NCP) contesting 22 Lok Sabha seats and winning about eight or nine," the union minister said.
On the possibility of projecting Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi as the prime ministerial candidate, he said it was an internal issue of that party.
"The matter has not come up for discussion in UPA co-ordination committee meetings," Pawar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof