No possibility of third front govt at Centre: Sharad Pawar
Mumbai: NCP president Sharad Pawar on Friday said there is no possibility of a third front coming to power at the Centre in the next Lok Sabha elections.
"I don`t see the possibility of a third front (alliance of non-BJP, non-Congress parties). There will be no government (at the Centre) without the help of either Congress or BJP," he told reporters here.
Asked about his prime ministerial ambitions, the 72-year- old Maratha strongman maintained he is a realistic person and has his feet firmly on the ground.
"I can`t dream of becoming prime minister by (NCP) contesting 22 Lok Sabha seats and winning about eight or nine," the union minister said.
On the possibility of projecting Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi as the prime ministerial candidate, he said it was an internal issue of that party.
"The matter has not come up for discussion in UPA co-ordination committee meetings," Pawar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt@2: Have an enormous task ahead, says PM
- Hindu majority needed to save democracy in India, Uniform Civil Code important: Subramanian Swamy
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue