`No proof that nails used in July Mumbai blasts`
New Delhi: Against earlier assertions,
investigators have found no evidence of use of nails or other metal pieces as shrapnel in the July Mumbai serial blasts which left 27 dead, top officials of investigative agencies
today informed a Parliamentary panel.
A team of senior officials from Intelligence Bureau, CBI,
the National Investigation Agency, the National Security Guard
and the Home Ministry led by Home Secretary R K Singh today briefed the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs on the bomb blasts in Delhi, Mumbai and Agra.
Making a power point presentation before the Committee,
Singh said there was no evidence of use of ball bearing, nails
or any other metal pieces as shrapnel.
The claim is contradictory to earlier reports that
several victims were maimed or killed due to use of shrapnel.
Quoting forensic reports, he said the improvised
explosive device was a nitrate-based explosive.
On the blast outside the Delhi High Court on September 9,
Singh said three out of four emails received claiming
responsibility were found to be fake.
The officials told the Committee that the terrorists
behind the various blasts which have rocked several parts of
the country in the recent past are well-equipped and possess
great skills, but the investigators are catching up with them.
Refusing to divulge much information on the progress
being made to solve the cases, the officials are understood to
have said such a move was against the interest of ongoing
The officials claimed that some attempts to trigger
blasts in Delhi and other states have been foiled, sources
The meeting remained inconclusive.
Between 2010 and 2011, a total of 61 people were killed
in various blasts in the country.
Among the top officials who were present in the meeting
included Director, Intelligence Bureau N Sandhu, CBI chief A P
Singh, DG, NSG R K Medhekar and S C Sinha, DG NIA besides
officials from Maharashtra ATS and the UP Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'