No relief from HC to the girl who was expelled from school
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court today
dismissed the petition filed by a Std 9th student a school in
suburban Goregaon challenging her expulsion.
Division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice
S C Dharmadhikari held that continuing in the same school
would be "more traumatic" for Adhishree Gopakrishnan, the
Judges said that they were dismissing her plea that
she be re-admitted "from viewpoint of her (own) welfare".
Vibgyor school refused to grant admission to Adhishree
in the current academic year. In court, the school`s lawyer
said that she herself was not at fault, but her mother`s
behaviour in the past three years had "vitiated the
atmosphere" in the school.
Her mother is a party to another petition filed by
some parents, challenging the fee hike by the school, and
Adhishree`s lawyer had claimed that the girl was being
"punished" for this.
School authorities, on the other hand, said that this
was not the reason, because the litigation had been going on
since 2007. Her mother had always been filing complaints
against the school to various authorities which had made it
difficult for them to run the school, Vibgyor`s lawyer had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH