No rift between me and Sharad Pawar: Ajit
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, whose surprise resignation from the post yesterday has had the state`s politics in turmoil, denied this evening that any "rift" existed between him and his uncle, NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
"This (report of rift) is a creation of media. He is the supreme leader of the party, and his decision (on the resignation) will be final," Ajit said.
But when asked if he would withdraw the resignation -- which followed media reports on an alleged scam in the irrigation department when he held the portfolio -- if his uncle asked him to, Ajit did not respond.
Earlier in the day, NCP legislators passed a resolution in a meeting, calling on Ajit to withdraw the resignation (which the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has not accepted yet). It was also decided that Sharad Pawar would take the final decision in the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed