No rift between me and Sharad Pawar: Ajit
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, whose surprise resignation from the post yesterday has had the state`s politics in turmoil, denied this evening that any "rift" existed between him and his uncle, NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
"This (report of rift) is a creation of media. He is the supreme leader of the party, and his decision (on the resignation) will be final," Ajit said.
But when asked if he would withdraw the resignation -- which followed media reports on an alleged scam in the irrigation department when he held the portfolio -- if his uncle asked him to, Ajit did not respond.
Earlier in the day, NCP legislators passed a resolution in a meeting, calling on Ajit to withdraw the resignation (which the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has not accepted yet). It was also decided that Sharad Pawar would take the final decision in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead