No rift between me and Sharad Pawar: Ajit
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, whose surprise resignation from the post yesterday has had the state`s politics in turmoil, denied this evening that any "rift" existed between him and his uncle, NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
"This (report of rift) is a creation of media. He is the supreme leader of the party, and his decision (on the resignation) will be final," Ajit said.
But when asked if he would withdraw the resignation -- which followed media reports on an alleged scam in the irrigation department when he held the portfolio -- if his uncle asked him to, Ajit did not respond.
Earlier in the day, NCP legislators passed a resolution in a meeting, calling on Ajit to withdraw the resignation (which the Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has not accepted yet). It was also decided that Sharad Pawar would take the final decision in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown