`No truck with MNS, vote-share will help Cong-NCP`
Mumbai: Making light of the `MNS factor` in
the February 16 Mumbai civic polls, Chief Minister Prithviraj
Chavan on Thursday said the Raj Thackeray-led party will only help
the Congress-NCP alliance by dividing the traditional vote
bank of Shiv Sena.
"I think there is a space for the so called Shiv Sena-like
mindset. A finer division of votes between MNS and Sena will
help us," Chavan said, talking to reporters here.
"Earlier, Shiv Sena had a larger share of votes compared
to MNS. Now that same vote, if shared equally by both, helps
us," he said.
"The question is whether MNS will take a whole lot of
Congress votes, a whole lot of NCP votes and a whole lot of
Sena votes," said Chavan.
The Chief Minister claimed that the MNS vote percentage
had gone up, "but not enough to make it a winner". He also
ruled out the possibility of the Congress-NCP joining hands
with MNS after the results.
To a query on what action the state government proposed
to take on Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray`s `hate` speeches,
Chavan said, "I have told the law and order agencies to act
within the ambit of law on the matter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter