Not saying Arvind Kejriwal is bad but don`t want my name to be misused: Anna Hazare
Zee Media Bureau
Ralegan Siddhi: Reiterating his stand that he was against his name being used by Aam Aadmi Party and Arvind Kejriwal, social activist Anna Hazare said on Tuesday that Jan Lokpal Bill can only be brought about by the Lok Sabha.
Talking to reporters here, Anna said, "I am only saying that my name should not be used. I had certain doubts in my mind and I wrote to Arvind Kejriwal to clear my doubts."
He also said that the Jan Lokpal Bill could not be brought about by the Assembly and it could only be brought about by the Parliament. The AAP had said that they would pass the bill if voted to power.
On the matter of SIM cards he said, "They published Anna SIM cards. I have nothing to do with it. A petition was filed over it and I was also made an accused in it. I have nothing to do with it."
Anna had written a letter to Arvind Kejriwal asking him whether the funds that had been collected during the Lokpal movement was being used for campaigning for AAP in the Delhi Assembly Elections.
Addressing the press yesterday, Kejriwal accepted that Anna had written to him. He clarified that no money that was collected for the Jan Lokpal movement was being used for the campaigning of the party.
At the same time Anna said that he was not saying that Kejriwal was bad or that he was collecting money in his name. "We are not enemies. I have never accused Arvind. I only wrote to him because I had certain doubts in my mind," he reiterated, saying that he was ready to talk to Kejriwal.
Meanwhile, Kejriwal today said that Anna`s aides were not allowing him to talk to his guru despite several attempts.
Kejriwal was part of Anna`s core group during the Lokpal movement. However, the two parted ways after the former decided to take the political plunge and form the AAP.
The Delhi state elections are the first attempt at fighting elections for AAP. Voting is due on December 04 and results will be announced on December 08.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam