Not selected for CWG, swimmer moves HC
Mumbai: A national-level swimmer has
moved the Bombay High Court after her name did not figure in
the Indian squad for next month`s Commonwealth Games.
According to Mumbai-based Anoushka Merchant, the
Swimming Federation of India had said that it will select
eight probables, but later it named three girls without
informing the other aspirants.
A division bench of justices D K Deshmukh and N D
Deshpande asked additional solicitor general Darius Khambata
to get instructions from the federation, and adjourned the
hearing till tomorrow.
Last month, Mumbai-based wrestler Mayur Simhasane too
had moved the court challenging his non-selection but the
court did not give him any relief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users