Not slow in decision making, just refused to oblige a big builder: Prithviraj Chavan
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, who has often been accused of being slow in decision-making process, has clarified that such an impression of him was created after he refused to oblige a big builder on a political leader`s request.
In an interview to DNA, Chavan said: "There is this leader who asks me to quickly clear files pertaining to a big builder. I refused to oblige him and after that an impression was sought to be created that I don`t take decisions.”
During the interview, Chavan admitted that he got distracted from his work when he heard that the Congress central leadership may soon replace him as Maharashtra CM.
Chavan further said that though the reports distracted him, he would still abide by the Congress high command`s decision.
The former union minister said that immediately after Congress lost heavily to BJP in the General Elections, he had called on party president Sonia Gandhi and offered to resign.
“Reacting to my resignation offer, Sonia asked me to continue and said that one person cannot be held responsible for the poor performance of the party,” Chavan said.
A section of Congress MLAs have put pressure on the party to replace Chavan. The Congress leaders from the state feel that if he is not replaced now then the Congress will be completely wiped out in the upcoming Assembly elections in the state.
When asked about the winning possibility of the Congress in the upcoming Assembly elections, Chavan asserted that his party can win the polls as issues are very different in the state as compared to those which impacted Lok Sabha election results.
On the issue of banning of dance bars, Chavan said that Home Minister RR Patil should be asked about it as it was his idea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital