Noted photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta no more
Mumbai: Noted fashion photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta passed away on Sunday following heart attack while doing a shoot at Alibaug, family sources said.
Dasgupta, who was in his early 50`s (RPT) who was in his early 50`s, pursued a variety of photographic projects and was considered a major photographic talent in the country.
He was doing a shoot for a company at Alibaug, about 150 km from here, when he suffered a heart attack.
His work was exhibited internationally, both in solo and group shows, and published in Indian, French, English, Italian and American magazines. He had also authored five books and was among those rare Indian photographers who did not hesitate in showcasing nude portraits.
He had worked with famous models like Lakshmi Menon and Lara Dutta. Lakshmi Menon was his muse before he entered into a relationship with the model.
"It`s shocking news for all of us. He seemed to be fit and healthy. He was an inspiration to young photographers. He was fearless. He had the courage to do different things," Editor at Better Photography magazine, K Madhavan Pillai, told PTI.
On similar lines, fashion photographer Atul Kasbekar said, "It is sad to hear about his demise. I got to know that he passed away in Alibaug this evening. He was doing a shoot for a company over there. He was a brilliant photographer and shot some really iconic images."
Actress Lara Dutta wrote on twitter,"I hear from twitter that Prabuddho Dasgupta has passed away. He shot me for the Femina cover right after I won Miss India. It was every woman`s dream to be shot by Prabuddho! No one captured a woman like him. May his soul rest in peace."
"One of the finest photographers and a dear friend, Prabhuda, passed away. RIP. This has been a dark week," actor Farhan Akhtar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'