Notice to MNS corporator for assaulting civic official
Mumbai: The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has issued a show cause notice to a MNS corporator who had allegedly assaulted a junior civic engineer in August this year for not responding to his phone call.
"The BMC has taken the matter very seriously. We definitely want to send a strong message that such things will not be tolerated," Municipal Commissioner Sitaram Kunte said today.
Kunte has issued a notice to Girish Dhanurkar, the nominated corporator of the Raj Thackeray-led outfit, asking him to explain why he should not be disqualified, after the Law Department of the BMC gave a go-ahead for his removal.
"The procedure is on (to disqualify). People should know the repercussions (of assaulting BMC officials). It is a long process and may take time as after the BMC it would go to the government and then to the court," Kunte said.
If Dhanurkar is removed, it would be the first such case of action against a BMC corporator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown