Notice to MNS corporator for assaulting civic official
Mumbai: The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has issued a show cause notice to a MNS corporator who had allegedly assaulted a junior civic engineer in August this year for not responding to his phone call.
"The BMC has taken the matter very seriously. We definitely want to send a strong message that such things will not be tolerated," Municipal Commissioner Sitaram Kunte said today.
Kunte has issued a notice to Girish Dhanurkar, the nominated corporator of the Raj Thackeray-led outfit, asking him to explain why he should not be disqualified, after the Law Department of the BMC gave a go-ahead for his removal.
"The procedure is on (to disqualify). People should know the repercussions (of assaulting BMC officials). It is a long process and may take time as after the BMC it would go to the government and then to the court," Kunte said.
If Dhanurkar is removed, it would be the first such case of action against a BMC corporator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in