Notification issued on formation of Palghar as new district
Thane: The state government has issued a notification here regarding formation of Palghar, which is set to become the 36th district of Maharashtra.
According to an official release, a notification has been issued on June 17 on formation of the new district along with details of the eight talukas- Palghar, Jawahar, Mokhada, Talasari, Vasai, Wada, Dahanu and Vikramgad forming Palghar.
The new district will come into beign from August 01, 2014, it said.
In addition to it, the government has also called for suggestions and objections from the citizen with regard to the formation of new district, which should be submitted to the office of the Divisional Commissioner at Konkan Bhavan, Navi Mumbai by July 15.
It also mentioned that the district headquarters will be located at Palghar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed