Notification issued on formation of Palghar as new district
Thane: The state government has issued a notification here regarding formation of Palghar, which is set to become the 36th district of Maharashtra.
According to an official release, a notification has been issued on June 17 on formation of the new district along with details of the eight talukas- Palghar, Jawahar, Mokhada, Talasari, Vasai, Wada, Dahanu and Vikramgad forming Palghar.
The new district will come into beign from August 01, 2014, it said.
In addition to it, the government has also called for suggestions and objections from the citizen with regard to the formation of new district, which should be submitted to the office of the Divisional Commissioner at Konkan Bhavan, Navi Mumbai by July 15.
It also mentioned that the district headquarters will be located at Palghar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof