Notify Shivaji Park as silence zone: Bombay HC
Mumbai: In an interim order, the Bombay
High Court on Wednesday directed the Municipal Corporation of Greater
Mumbai to notify Shivaji Park ground in western Mumbai as
The park is the venue of Shiv Sena`s annual Dussehra
rally, apart from political rallies of other parties.
The court said that programmes can be held at the park
only on December 6 (death anniversary of Dr Ambedkar), May 1
(Maharashtra-state foundation day) and on January 26.
The order came in response to the PIL filed by
city-based Wecom Trust.
The petitioners had contended that since there were
several schools and religious places within the radius of 100
metre, the area should be declared as Silence Zone as per the
Noise Pollution Rules, 2000.
No loudspeakers can be used in such areas, so the
order will make it difficult for political parties to hold
rallies at the park as long as the interim order is in effect.
The hearing in the case has been adjourned till June
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah