Notorious criminal, 2 aides held in Mumbai; firearms seized
Mumbai: A dreaded criminal and his two associates, all hailing from Madhya Pradesh, were arrested by Maharashtra ATS from the city, an official said on Wednesday.
Weapons, including firearms, cash and a high-end car were seized from the trio, Mohammed Iliyaz Abdul Aziz Khan (33), Razin Zakir Shaikh (26) and Mohammed Shafiq Shah (30), who were nabbed from Dadar, central Mumbai on July 7, the official said.
A total 26 criminal cases had been registered against Mohammed Iliyaz since 1996, some of them in Mumbai. He regularly travels between Mumbai and Indore, the official stated.
The trio was in touch with notorious criminals Naimuddin Shaikh and Mohammed Jubair Khan, who had been arrested in 1998 by Mumbai Crime branch with seven AK-47 rifles, 45 hand grenades, detonators and dynamites, he said.
ATS laid a trap after receiving a tip-off that three persons would come to Dadar with firearms on Sunday. The ATS sleuths intercepted a Chevrolet Cruze car, in which they were travelling.
A revolver, two handguns, eight live cartridges, two choppers, eight mobile phones and Rs 6.50 lakh in cash were recovered from the accused, who had come to the metropolis to execute "a serious crime", the ATS claimed.
All three were produced before a local court, which remanded them in ATS custody till July 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS