Notorious criminal, 2 aides held in Mumbai; firearms seized
Mumbai: A dreaded criminal and his two associates, all hailing from Madhya Pradesh, were arrested by Maharashtra ATS from the city, an official said on Wednesday.
Weapons, including firearms, cash and a high-end car were seized from the trio, Mohammed Iliyaz Abdul Aziz Khan (33), Razin Zakir Shaikh (26) and Mohammed Shafiq Shah (30), who were nabbed from Dadar, central Mumbai on July 7, the official said.
A total 26 criminal cases had been registered against Mohammed Iliyaz since 1996, some of them in Mumbai. He regularly travels between Mumbai and Indore, the official stated.
The trio was in touch with notorious criminals Naimuddin Shaikh and Mohammed Jubair Khan, who had been arrested in 1998 by Mumbai Crime branch with seven AK-47 rifles, 45 hand grenades, detonators and dynamites, he said.
ATS laid a trap after receiving a tip-off that three persons would come to Dadar with firearms on Sunday. The ATS sleuths intercepted a Chevrolet Cruze car, in which they were travelling.
A revolver, two handguns, eight live cartridges, two choppers, eight mobile phones and Rs 6.50 lakh in cash were recovered from the accused, who had come to the metropolis to execute "a serious crime", the ATS claimed.
All three were produced before a local court, which remanded them in ATS custody till July 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video