Notorious criminal, 2 aides held in Mumbai; firearms seized
Mumbai: A dreaded criminal and his two associates, all hailing from Madhya Pradesh, were arrested by Maharashtra ATS from the city, an official said on Wednesday.
Weapons, including firearms, cash and a high-end car were seized from the trio, Mohammed Iliyaz Abdul Aziz Khan (33), Razin Zakir Shaikh (26) and Mohammed Shafiq Shah (30), who were nabbed from Dadar, central Mumbai on July 7, the official said.
A total 26 criminal cases had been registered against Mohammed Iliyaz since 1996, some of them in Mumbai. He regularly travels between Mumbai and Indore, the official stated.
The trio was in touch with notorious criminals Naimuddin Shaikh and Mohammed Jubair Khan, who had been arrested in 1998 by Mumbai Crime branch with seven AK-47 rifles, 45 hand grenades, detonators and dynamites, he said.
ATS laid a trap after receiving a tip-off that three persons would come to Dadar with firearms on Sunday. The ATS sleuths intercepted a Chevrolet Cruze car, in which they were travelling.
A revolver, two handguns, eight live cartridges, two choppers, eight mobile phones and Rs 6.50 lakh in cash were recovered from the accused, who had come to the metropolis to execute "a serious crime", the ATS claimed.
All three were produced before a local court, which remanded them in ATS custody till July 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter