Now, boy detained for `abusing` Raj Thackeray on Facebook
Mumbai: Close on the heels of the arrest of two girls by the Mumbai police for a Facebook post that questioned why the city had come to a standstill for the funeral of Bal Thackeray, a boy has now been detained for writing a post abusing Raj Thackeray.
According to a report in The Indian Express, nineteen-year-old Sunil Vishwakarma was detained on Wednesday. He had apparently written something on his Facebook page which did not go down well with the supporters of the MNS chief. Sunil is a resident of Palghar, the town from where the two girls hailed. Shiv Sena has called a bandh in Palghar today.
Protesting against the post a large section of MNS workers gathered outside Vishwakarma`s house and subsequently took him to Plaghar police station.
However, Sunil has not been slapped with any charges as yet because the police are seeking legal advice before taking any hasty decision.
The arrest of the two girls on November 17 for protesting shutdown in Mumbai for Balasaheb’s state funeral and the massive uproar that it generated later on must be fresh in the minds of the custodians of the law.
The two girls were later released and two cops were suspended and a judge was shifted in the matter. But the damage as far as the police and the judiciary were concerned was done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt