Now, boy detained for `abusing` Raj Thackeray on Facebook
Mumbai: Close on the heels of the arrest of two girls by the Mumbai police for a Facebook post that questioned why the city had come to a standstill for the funeral of Bal Thackeray, a boy has now been detained for writing a post abusing Raj Thackeray.
According to a report in The Indian Express, nineteen-year-old Sunil Vishwakarma was detained on Wednesday. He had apparently written something on his Facebook page which did not go down well with the supporters of the MNS chief. Sunil is a resident of Palghar, the town from where the two girls hailed. Shiv Sena has called a bandh in Palghar today.
Protesting against the post a large section of MNS workers gathered outside Vishwakarma`s house and subsequently took him to Plaghar police station.
However, Sunil has not been slapped with any charges as yet because the police are seeking legal advice before taking any hasty decision.
The arrest of the two girls on November 17 for protesting shutdown in Mumbai for Balasaheb’s state funeral and the massive uproar that it generated later on must be fresh in the minds of the custodians of the law.
The two girls were later released and two cops were suspended and a judge was shifted in the matter. But the damage as far as the police and the judiciary were concerned was done.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata