Now, fake Facebook account of Raj Thackeray’s son emerges
Mumbai: Raj Thackeray-led MNS has complained to police that a bogus account was allegedly created in the name of the party chief`s son on social networking site Facebook and "objectionable" comments about BR Ambedkar were posted.
A written complaint was submitted by the party to Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy, who forwarded it to Cyber Cell for inquiry, police said today.
The complaint said a fake account had been created on Facebook in the name of Amit, son of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, and "objectionable" content posted there about the architect of Indian Constitution.
A party worker drew Raj`s attention about the fake account following which the police was approached.
In a related case, police in Palghar town in adjoining Thane district yesterday received a complaint about some "objectionable" matter related to late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray posted on a fake Facebook account opened in the name of a local newspaper.
Mohammed Hussain Nadi Sarwar Khan, editor of `Palghar Mirror`, a fortnightly in Hindi and Marathi, complained that a fake account had been opened on the popular site in his newspaper`s name and objectionable comments about Thackeray were put on it.
Earlier on Wednesday, a teenager from Palghar, Sunil Vishwakarma, had been detained by police on suspicion of posting an objectionable Facebook comment against Raj Thackeray.
The 19-year-old was let off the next day after police found that a fake account was used by some persons in his name, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org